Pilates Matwork Classes
All Hallam Pilates Matwork classes are taught by fully trained instructors who are also qualified Physiotherapists, giving them the skill and knowledge to work with clients of all levels and the flair and ability to keep classes progressive, interesting and fun. The small class sizes and expert tuition guarantees the exercises are performed correctly. Your instructor is able to understand any personal challenges and limitations you may have and help you to progress naturally and safely.
Hallam Pilates offers you
- Sheffield’s largest Pilates studio
- Choice of 14 Pilates matwork classes per week running in Sheffield
- Small classes of up to 9 people to ensure continued individual attention
- All classes run by APPI or Body Control qualified instructors
- Fully equipped to offer a wide variety of exercises including Gym balls; rollers and magic circles.
All classes are held at the Studio at Hallamshire Tennis & Squash Club, 716 Ecclesall Road, Sheffield S11 8TA.
Call now to book your place - 0114 2682148
What is Pilates Matwork?
Pilates exercises target the deep postural muscles to re-balance the body, build great core stability and ensure correct postural alignment which in turn restores natural, normal movement.
In a Pilates class the focus is on the Transverses Abdominis, Diaphragm, the muscles of the pelvic floor and a deep back muscle called Multifidus. Together these muscles form a natural corset around your centre which stabilise the lumbar spine, building strength from the inside out.
Pilates helps reshape your body, promoting a longer, leaner, more toned look and achieves the perfect balance between strength and flexibility. It is also a great way to relieve stress and unwanted tension.
Pilates is the perfect form of exercise for everyone, from the athlete looking to enhance their performance and avoid injury to first-time exercisers or those returning to exercise after injury or illness. It is especially recommended for those suffering back problems.
The benefits include:
- Improved posture and body awareness
- Increased joint mobility and flexibility
- A flatter stomach
- Enhanced performance for athletes
- Relaxation and improved well being
- Improved movement patterns and balance
- Greater strength and muscle tone
- Less incidence of back pain
- Fabulous muscle tone especially in the bottom, thighs and stomach
18.30 – 19.30
19.30 – 20.30 – Pilates Fusion incorporating Jems Principles
10.00 – 11.00 – Pilates Fusion incorporating Jems Principles
Cost: £10.50 per class | £63 for a course of six classes